You don’t need me to tell you cupcakes are absolutely delicious. All fluffy, sweet, and oh-so flavorful. Unfortunately, I have a gluten intolerance, so unless I wanna fall into a gluten coma, I have to try and avoid eating anything with wheat flour. Keyword, try. Sometimes I just can’t help but succumb to a sandwich or one of these moist cupcakes.
Aldi puts out both a chocolate and a vanilla cupcake mix in their Live G Free line of gluten free foods. So when the cuppy cake craving hits me and I actually treat my gluten-hating tummy right, I have something that will fill my sweet tooth.
These cute white chocolate pumpkin cupcake toppers work on any kind of cupcake. (Don’t be a smart alec and ask me if they’ll work on meatloaf cupcakes. I’m watchin’ you… 😉 ) They’re cute and perfect for any fall holiday, including Halloween! You don’t need to have killer drawing skills to make these, plus, colored sugar crystals cover almost any imperfection.
Wanna know how to make them!?
Let’s celebrate the UK’s Cupcake Week – August 14th – 20th – by making cute fall themed cupcake toppers. White Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers 2015-09-14 14:52:52.
Make your cupcakes cute and festive with these easy to make, white chocolate pumpkin cupcake toppers!
- 2 large white chocolate squares (actual orange or green white chocolate circles work best (½ cup each))
- 2 small bowls
- Orange and green food coloring
- Orange and green colored sugar crystals
- Parchment paper
- Permanent marker
- 2 Plastic sandwich bags
- 1 Large cup
- Take parchment paper and draw pumpkins with stems.
- Place a layer of parchment paper over the drawn pumpkins.
- Melt 1 chocolate square (1/2 C colored chocolate circles if using) in each small bowl in the microwave (15-30 second intervals)
- *skip step if you are using chocolate circles – Add food coloring into the melted chocolate and stir.
- Pour melted chocolate into plastic bags – do this by folding a plastic sandwich bag over a large cup, then pour chocolate into it.
- Snip the corner off of the orange bag and start following the lines of the pumpkin and then fill in the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle the orange colored sugar crystals onto the pumpkins.
- Repeat the same process with the green chocolate for the pumpkin stems.
- Add the green colored sugar crystals to the stems.
- Let dry for at least 10 – 15 minutes – use spatula to remove them when dry.
- Add onto cupcakes, cakes, etc.