Spooky Halloween Pizza Bagels
Pizza bagels are so delicious – especially when they’re Halloween pizza bagels!
As I’ve said before, I love Halloween. I like being able to enjoy pieces of it all month long. I don’t trick or treat or have kids to get ready and go, so instead of celebrating just the one day, I like to enjoy Halloween all October long. I’m totally one of those people that likes to dress their pet up – I did that more so when I had a dog, but she passed away a while ago at the age of 17. I have a cat now, he’s over 14 years old, and the last thing he enjoys is being dressed up. But it doesn’t mean I don’t try. And he’s a sweetie, so he tolerates it for a bit. Enjoy these photos of my babe Mao looking miserable as I see if the candy corn shirt I was crocheting him fit. This was a good three years ago or a little more. lol If looks could kill. He’s my old man baby <3
One of the easiest ways to incorporate Halloween into every day is just by modifying things slightly to have that Hallo-weenie feel to it. Food is the best way to do this. Everyone has to eat, so why not put a little festive spin on it? That’s exactly what I did for these Spooky Pizza Bagels!
By cutting my olives up and using string cheese, I was able to create little mummy faces and spider webs with olive spiders on top. Not only are pizza bagels yummy, they’re sure to be a big hit with your kids. Or if you’re like me and kid-less, pop on one of your favorite Halloween flicks and enjoy your pizza while watching your movie. Spooky Halloween Pizza Bagels are Netflix and chill approved.
You don’t have to be a master artist to make these themed pizzas – and they don’t take long either. Whether you’re using mini-bagels to give your kids a pizza snack or full size bagels for a Halloween themed dinner, pizza is always a winner.
- 1 full bagel, but in half
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 sticks of string cheese
- 2 - 4 olives
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Optional - toast your bagel lightly, this will ensure that it's a little crunchy.
- Smear 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on each piece of bagel.
- Rip your string cheese into pieces.
- Place your cheese pieces on the bagels - use the pictures here for an idea on how to lay them for the mummy and the spiderweb. The best part with making these bagels is that you don't have to lay anything out perfect.
- For the olives - use just a couple slices of olives for the mummy's eyes.
- To make the spider - slice an olive in half and place 1 half on a bagel piece - this is the spider's body. Take another whole olive and cut it into 4 round pieces. Then cut those 4 pieces in half - these are your 8 spider legs. Place them 4 on either side of the spider body olive.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place your pizza bagels on it.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- You can use either a full size bagel or a mini bagel to make these. Mini bagel pizzas are perfect for little fingers. You can serve these for a meal, a snack, pack 'em in a lunchbox, or add them to your Halloween party spread.