Monster Bark – Homemade Candy for Halloween
It’s time for one more homemade candy recipe! Halloween is one of the best times to make candy (only second to Christmas). While people are handing out commercial candy to Trick or Treaters, treat your family or party guests to some homemade Monster Bark! Just like the Rocky Road Fudge, this is another homemade candy recipe that’s so simple to make and the outcome is delicious.
If you’ve never made candy bark before, you’re in for a treat. It’s beyond simple and doesn’t take a ton of time to make. It’s also one of those recipes you can change the final presence of the food every time you make it. Use different colored chocolate melts, candy, flavorings, etc and you can have delicious customized bark!
This Monster Bark is loaded with eyeballs – a little spooky, a lot of cute, and loads of chocolate. A little piece goes a long way – so be sure to share this homemade Halloween candy with those you love. Or don’t, I won’t judge you for keeping it all to yourself! 😉
- 1 package of chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup pretzels
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 package of mixed size candy eyes
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Leaving a 1 1/2 - 2 inch gap around the edge of the pan, spread out the pretzels in a single layer.
- According the candy melts package, melt your chocolate until it's smooth. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pan - spread it out, trying to not push the pretzels to the edges.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the candy eyes randomly around the pan.
- Repeat with the Reese's Pieces.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and set it on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Break or cut the bark into random sizes and pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The amount of pretzels and candy can fluctuate depending on your taste. If you like things more crunchy, add the larger amount of pretzels or candy. And if you like less, use less. Same with the candy eyes - sprinkle on as many or as few as you want.