Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Quick. Easy. and Cheesy. Sounds like my kinda date!
Homemade macaroni and cheese has always been the ultimate comfort food to me. My mom made the absolute best version of it – but she didn’t make it often. So when I came to dinner and had a scoop of that on my plate, it was like all was right with the world.
Now that I’m all grown up and cooking on my own, I like to indulge on comfort food whenever the mood strikes me. Unfortunately, I don’t always have time in my schedule to make things the way my mom did. That’s where this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe came from. It’s done in less than 20 minutes, which is perfect when I’m busy working but need to fill my grumbling belly too.
Seriously, an Instant Pot is such a time saver! My crock pot has been living in my cupboard ever since I’ve tried my hand at cooking with a pressure cooker.
❤ Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the best! ❤
- 5 cups cooked macaroni
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook your macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and place in the Instant pot.
- Add the cream cheese, soup, sour cream and half of the cheese and stir well.
- Set the instant pot to manual for 5 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the remaining cheese, then season to taste with salt and pepper.